Featured Post

The Last Descent

Winner of the People's Choice Award - Wild and Scenic Environmental Film Festival 2009 Winner of the Activism through Adventure Award ...

Watch out below!!Activities in Nepal

With it taking several hours of horn honking, dodging cows, goats and stay locals we finally make it out of Kathmandu and on to some open road before we knew it we were at Royal Beach Camp for lunch our first night of camping and activities.

Activities you ask. I wasted no time and put my hand up to try cannoning.  I can only hope the rope, tree and the man at the bottom are strong enough to support me.  
We set off ready for the adventure ahead, first we all pile into the back of a truck for 10 minutes then out we get to climb up a hill/mountain before taking the leap we get a very brief intro to cannoning. Argh!!! I drew the short straw, (OK I volunteered) and I am first to take the plunge down first drop 9 meters followed by 11.   I make it to the bottom tangle myself up in the excess rope and swallow a gallon of water.  OMG, this is so AWESOME can’t wait to do the next 3 waterfalls.
After getting around the third waterfall/drop its time to walk for 5 minutes to the last waterfall this challenge comes to a whopping 45 meter drop. 
OK so you know how it ends I live and all limbs accounted for. Yay for me.
A night of camping before we head for Chitwan National Park.

Posted by